1 Background & Introduction
The purpose of this handbook is to present members with information on professional designations awarded by the Southern African Communications Industries Association (SACIA).
The various aspects of membership include:
- Professional designation awarded bySACIA
- SACIA code of professional conduct
- disciplinary process under the code of conduct
- continuing professional development (CPD)
The Southern African Communications Industries Association (SACIA) is a SAQA-registered professional body who currently award 16 designations to industry professionals working in the broadcast, live event, content creation, entertainment and professional AV industry.
|Designation||Designation Title||Core Activity|
| || || |
|594||Certified AV Associate||Audio-visual|
|595||Certified AV Practitioner||Audio-visual|
|596||Certified AV Professional||Audio-visual|
|597||Certified BCT Associate||Broadcast & Communications Technology|
|598||Certified BCT Practitioner||Broadcast & Communications Technology|
|599||Certified BCT Professional ||Broadcast & Communications Technology|
|800||Certified TLE Associate||Theatre & Live Events (technical)|
|823||Certified TLE Professional||Theatre & Live Events (technical)|
| 824||Certified TLE Practitioner||Theatre & Live Events (technical)|
| 857||SASC - Professional Cinematographer||Content Creation|
| 1112||Certified Event Associate||Event Management|
| 1113||Certified Event Practitioner||Event Management|
| 1114||Certified Event Professional||Event Management|
| 1115||Certified Event Safety Practitioner||Event Safety|
| 1116||Certified Event Safety Professional ||Event Safety|
| 1117||Certified Actor||Film, television & theatre|
SACIA aims to:
- promote the professionalization of the industry through the education, training and development of individual members.
- present industry specific training programmes, conferences and workshops.
- foster closer relationships between learning centres, broadcasters, communications professionals, and AV professionals throughout the SADC region.
- promote diversity and transformation in such a manner as to ensure that the Association reflects the population demographics of South Africa.
The values that underpin professional conduct within the media and communications industry include: